This morning I set out to make a new green drink. I planned on using grapefruit as one of the ingredients. I peeled him, and got out all of my other ingredients including my old blender.
I decided to have just one bite before loading it all in the blender.
It was like saying “I’ll have just one chip!” I ended up devouring the whole grapefruit membranes attached and all! Normally I peel each section after peeling the grapefruit skin off! I must have needed some C or something. It was the best tasting grapefruit I can ever remember!
Anyway, this week I plan on doing the following:
Saturday-Elliptical and yoga
All the Tabata workouts will be from, you guessed it Gabby Reece.
This is pretty much my schedule every week. Tabata/circuit and cardio. I am just writing it out this week, because my knee is feeling pretty good and I need to tell myself not to run just yet. This is the point where I add running in, just when my knee is almost better. The key word here is almost. I want to go at least one more week (maybe more) of cross-training before I try running again. I’m sticking to it! 🙂
After my workouts I like to hit the shower.
I received this body polish (among a whole slew of other products) as a prize from one of Gabby Reeces challenges.
I was reluctant to use it. I hate using lotions (I don’t like the feeling of it on my hands) and I am not a bubble bath kind of person. Get in the shower, get out. I am not a pampering person!
Since I had this product since last summer, I decided that I should probably use it. Oh my goodness! It was the best thing ever! It exfoliates, moisturizes and makes your skin look amazing! After trying it, I used it sparingly. I was at the end of the jar and did not want to think about how much it might actually retail for. Then I read the ingredients. Pretty much oils, sugar, and dried embellishments. I decided to make my own!
To make a sugar scrub:
- 1 cup sugar (any kind, mix and match)
- 1/2 cup oil
- dried flowers or herbs
Mix it together and you have a great scrub! It’s very invigorating after a tough workout. I just cleaned out my sugar scrub jar and filled it up again.
I filled it with sugar and dried lavender.
Mixed in my olive oil.
Now I have a great scrub that looks and performs like the original, with stuff I already have in my pantry and my garden. 🙂
Here are a few tips:
- You will probably want to use a plastic container in case you drop it in the shower (slippery oil and glass do no mix).
- If you do use glass scoop out a small amount into a plastic cup to bring in the shower.
- Make small batches so you can use it up ( I have read it lasts about a month or more).
- Avoid getting water in the jar (I have read it prevents rancidity, but my damp hand in the jar did not seem to matter much. I think they mean don’t flood it with shower spray etc. Keep it closed and away from water.).
- If giving as a gift, please keep in mind Peoples allergies!
- Use it on your body. I would not use it on my face. I have very sensitive skin! (In highschool my friend put vitamen E oil on my face because she loved what it did for her skin, and I broke out for a week.)
Sorry gentlemen, if this is not for you maybe you have a mother, daughter, sister, or loved one that might appreciate it. It’s super easy to do. A small canning jar with this stuff in it would be a nice gift!
I hope you all have a great day!