Yesterday I was thinking about an “Almond Joy” type oatmeal. Well, today I put it into action. I made an oatmeal that tasted pure evil, but was actually pretty good for me!
I used the following:
- 1/3 c rolled oats
- 1 scant c of water
- dash of sea salt
- 1 TBS of unsweetened coco powder
- 2 TBS unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- chopped almonds
- 1 square Green & Blacks 70% Organic Dark chocolate chopped
I made the oatmeal with the first 4 ingredients. I like it on the thin side. Then I mixed the agave syrup with the shredded coconut placed it on top of the oatmeal. With a sprinkling of almonds and chocolate I had an oatmeal to curb a candy bar craving!
Today is my cardio day. For some reason I felt like doing an ab workout first. I did a Gabby Reece one: 7 Moves to a 6-Pack Success
I did three rounds of this:
- Oblique Sit-up -elbow to knee, elbow to knee (on a stability ball or mat)
15 reps to your right and 15 to your left
- V-Up stability ball handoffs 15
- V in – out 20 Reps
- Russian Twist 15 Reps 8 lb medicine ball
- V-Up Single Leg Alternating Legs 12 Reps Each leg
- Straight Up Straight Down 15 Reps
- Scissors 30 Reps Each
It was a good one. I think I am going to grab two brown rice cakes with PB and banana and take everyone out for a walking warm up, then try a run. Wish me luck! If nothing else I will have had a nice walk.
Have a great morning!