Yesterday I had another binge. Not huge, but one just the same. I am finding some common themes when this seems to happen. I am trying to be an intuitive eater but I am still hung up on some things.
- I push away the thoughts of foods I would like to have and opt for ones that I think that I should have.
- My daughter had another “no nap” day.
- My husband did not get home from work until 9:00 pm.
These three things keep popping up when I mess up my eating. So today I am going to work on trying to work around these three events.
- Yesterday I wanted pancakes but opted for oatmeal to be safe. Today I said I am going with pancakes.
I made up the following recipe:
- 1.5 cups oat flour (I took rolled oats and put them in the blender)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1.25 teaspoons salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1.5 cups of sour milk (some vinegar or lemon juice and skim milk to equal required amount)
Toppings I used
- .5 cups natural (no sugar) applesauce
- .5 cups Michigan blueberries
- sprinkle of pecans
- drizzle of pure maple syrup
It was delicious! It really hit the spot. As for the rest, numbers 2 and 3, I can only keep working out and try to be conscious of what causes me to binge. I still wonder if I am eating enough calories during the day. Maybe this is the biggest contributor to the bingeing. I will try to eat more for each meal to help.
I got my blood work back from my thyroid (I am required to get it done every three months from my endocrinologist) and the tests were normal. I thought for sure it would be high since I have had more energy throughout the day and lost a little weight (most of which I put back on. It’s also PMS time so that might have something to do with it too). I guess it is from eating more regularly? So my thyroid meds are still the same. I was hoping for a reduction. Who knows maybe one day I will not need it?
I am off to do my Ab Circuit posted today by Gabby Reece. Then a mild running sprint workout. I am feeling a little down from my eating yesterday. Hopefully this workout will lift my spirits.
I also decided that since I have taken pictures of my food, because of the blog, that I do not like my dishes! They are not the best for photographing. I will have had them for 11 years next month! I think it’s time for an update. So my question to you all is:
Do you like your dishes? Where did you get them? Where do you like to shop for items like that?
As for dinner. I have been thinking about a cheeseburger with…gasp…a white bun, for about a week now! Not the healthiest choice, but I may go for it tonight in keeping up with my “go with it” theme.
Have a good Wednesday!