Things were going great! I was feeling great! I was eating great! What the heck happened?
The past three days I have not been an intuitive eater. I have been for maybe 2/3 of the day and then I just have a meltdown and devour cookies and ice cream! I am not sure what is going on. The first day it started with just a taste and I was ok with that. The second day I ate a little more but not horrible, and the third day it was out of control. I have a few ideas on why this may have occurred.
- My exercise has been a little more ramped up these days with my knee feeling better. Maybe I have not been eating enough to keep up?
- It is two weeks before my period. I always seem to want to eat voraciously and crave not so healthy foods at this time every month. I am not sure if this happens to other women but I have been tracking my eating for years and it is always the case. I guess I need to be more intuitive at this time?
- I love to bake! I have been baking for the past three days. If I am intuitively eating then this should not be an issue, but I have to wonder if doing this is a good idea right now.
- Maybe I let my hunger level get a little too high before I ate. Last night I was hungry and I had planned to make stir fry. I was cutting the veggies and ate a bagel with cream cheese (something I have not had in probably a few years) thinking this would just be a snack and then when I was hungry again all of my ingredients would be ready to go and throwing the stir fry together would be a snap. The bagel led to chips, cookies, and ice cream! I know I should be able to eat anything if I am doing it intuitively, but I swear that certain foods trigger me to eat this way. I guess you should not try foods when you are vulnerable and maybe that was the case on this particular day.
- I also had been craving a diet pop and a GT. I did not give in to either one. (Diet pop I gave up and every time I drink it I think it gives me a headache. A GT is just hard to find in my area.)
So once again I learned a few things:
- Eat food if you are hungry. (I still have a hard time with knowing this.)
- Try to be more intuitive during certain times of the day and or month. (Listen to cues)
- Stop baking or trying foods when I am vulnerable (very hungry etc)
- Try to make foods that don’t require so much prep time when you get hungry.
- Go with a craving. Even if you only drink a little bit (DP) just to get it out of your system. Even if you need to drive across town (my health food store is always out of GT, maybe I need a stash at home. I used to make kombucha but I quit.)
If you have any suggestions or comments please leve them. I am relatively new at this and I thought for sure I was headed in the right direction. It’s frustrating. It’s ok though it’s a new day. I have a plan of attack.
As a side note it is a cardio day. I think a run is in order. It may involve some walking. I swear every time I eat a lot of sugar my knee bothers me more. inflammation? Probably. I need to remember that! When I eat good my knee feels good!